Distinguished among therapeutic schools in Dallas and the DFW Area, the Saint Anthony School provides children with learning differences and special needs a supportive and structured environment that utilizes multi-sensory learning techniques. Our rigorous St. Anthony School Admissions process ensures the appropriate matriculation of each student.
Special Needs School Specializations
We specialize in the following special needs: Asperger’s, High Functioning Autism, PDD-NOS, Bipolar, Anxiety, Sensory Integration, Spectrum Disorders and ADD/ADHD.
- Inquiry-Inquiry is made seeking information.
- Tour-Tour is scheduled with Executive Director, Tony Cinquepalmi. Supporting documents (transcripts, standardized testing, psychological testing, etc. need to be submitted, if appropriate).
Examples of Intelligence/Cognitive Testing:Wechsler Intelligence Scales (WISC-III/WISC-IV or WAIS-III) or Woodcock-Johnson-Tests of Cognitive Ability (WJ-III).
Examples of Achievement Testing: Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT) or Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement. DSM-IV: Reading Disorder, Mathematics Disorder, Disorder of Written Expression, Expressive Language Disorder, Mixed Receptive-Expressive Disorder, Attention – Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Evaluation Visit-student visit required (1/2 day to a full day). If a student visit is scheduled, a fee of $125 is due prior to the child’s visit.
- Interview-All students must have a personal interview with the Executive Director. The interview is an opportunity for the applicant and the school to learn more about each other. (This usually takes place the day of the evaluation visit).
- Decision-The school’s decision is typically made within a day or two and the parents are notified immediately. If there is some question in the teacher’s or director’s mind, another visit by the student may be scheduled.
- Post-Acceptance-By a specified date, the parents or legal guardian must return the signed Tuition Agreement, pay the enrollment fee (non-refundable) and submit the completed enrollment packet to the business office.
- Attendance-After all above steps are complete and tuition received, the applicant may start class.
Tour The St. Anthony School, Carrollton TX Private School
Please contact us or call 214.443.1227 if you have questions about our admissions procedures or would like to schedule a tour of the school.