DRAMA THERAPY is a form of therapy, which uses drama and other performance art to help individuals bring about psychological, emotional and social modifications.
The dramatic approach explores aspects of story telling, role-play, improvisation, rhythm, movement and awareness.
Children dealing with Autism or Asperger’s can build upon their imitative strengths by actually learning, practicing and performing “lines” in a fun, supportive setting.
Exploring the basic foundations of Drama will encourage and develop:
- Communication and performance skills.
- Awareness of movement, rhythm and intention.
- The ability to understand and redirect temperament, mood and feeling.
- Improved recognition of emotions in others.
- Confidence in oneself.
- Creative pathways to HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions about drama therapy or the programs we offer for children with Autism and Asperger’s, contact The St. Anthony School, located in Carrollton, Texas.